Shaftless Screw or Spiral Conveyor
The SSC Shaftless Screw or Spiral Conveyor is an alternative concept to the traditional shafted screw conveyor. Material is conveyed by an extra-heavy-duty shaftless screw that slides on a low-friction, wear-resistant liner inside the conveyor trough housing.
The Shaftless Screw (spiral) offers a larger volume capacity and the possibility of handling particularly difficult materials such as those that tend to become tangled up or those that present highly variable particle size. Construction material properties, oversize thickness, as well as a special manufacturing process make the spiral highly resistant and extremely durable. Due to the absence of intermediate bearings, obstacle-free material handling is guaranteed. The completely enclosed trough prevents any material leakage. Trough covers with appropriate gaskets enable odour-free operation and form a barrier to any atmospheric agents to enter the system. At the same time the conveyor offers maximum access to the inside for inspection and cleaning. Maintenance is reduced to the minimum due to a small number of components. There is a vast choice of liners depending on specific material characteristics.
SSC Shaftless Screw (Spiral) Conveyors are specially designed for handling difficult, heterogeneous materials such as urban solid waste, screenings and floating matter, de-watered, thickened, conditioned sludge, packaged food, creams or pastes, as well as waste from: meat, fish, fruit and vegetable processing. The main sectors of application are: wastewater treatment, sugarhouse rejects, fish industry, solid waste treatment, fruit and vegetable processing, beverage industry, pulp and paper, chemicals, food industry in general, meat processing plants, abattoirs/ slaughterhouses, restaurants, canteens, catering in general.
- Easy to access and clean;
- Low maintenance;
- Modular components enable easy adaptation to various problems (results in an extremely versatile conveyor for a variety of DIFFICULT materials and a large number of applications);
- High degree of self-cleaning.
- Throughput rates: up to 65 m³/h (38 cfm) for sludge, up to 25 m³/h (15 cfm) for screenings
- Drive power: 0.55 kW (0.75 HP) to 7.5 kW (10 HP)
- Trough and spiral manufactured from carbon or stainless steel 304L or 316L
- Trough liner in UHMWP
- Small footprint
- Odour-free operation
- High efficiency- Complete emptying
- Simple design (few components)